Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Nita Gus dynamic



So now we have a little girl and a dog. We weren't sure how Gus would react to having a new center of attention around the house. Would he be depressed? Would he be aggressive? It was an unknown to say the least.

I'm thankful to say now that the little guy has handled himself extremely well. When I first brought him home from being boarded, he didn't even know she existed. She was there, but it was as if Katherine was holding some inanimate object. A few hours later, Nita cried all of a sudden. Gus popped up with a look as if to say, "What is making that noise that's waking me up and can I smell it?!" He checked her out real good, supervised of course, and apparently gave his approval. He'll sneak in a lick here and there, let his ears cover her face, and one time he laid his favorite toy in her swing with her. Yeah, I've got a pretty good dog. I guess the real test is when she tugs on his ears (there's not much of a tail to pull).

I don't think there's a hint of jealousy in him.........




I promise I didn't set this up

4 comments:

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

This picture is absolutely priceless!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Anonymous said...

that picture is PHENOMINAL.

-claire

LT (and Max) said...

gus and the pacy!!! PRICELESS!

Olivia said...

Holy cow. Absolutely hysterical.