Saturday, July 14, 2007

To Market To Market...........

First, in my last post you'll notice the comment that Katherine would likely have little direct input to this blog. Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" made it to my blog playlist (not without a fight I might add), quickly proving me wrong. Still, there should be enough Texas Country gold to convert even the most stubborn haters.

Today was a relatively active Saturday. We went to downtown Blacksburg to see the farmer's market. Amongst the peppermint, sage, and basil jellies was a nice woman affectionately referred to as 'Nanny' by the regulars. Being somewhat of a jelly connoisseur I tried several of her strange formulas......... not my thing. I'll stick to plum, muscadine, and fig. Walking downtown, we browsed through stores with nice, over-priced stuff ranging from gong chimes to flasks adorned with fairies. The best shop, by far, was a gourmet cooking store. I love cooking and I love gadgets, and it would have been easy for me to spend another hour in this store. I didn't want to end up broke, so we bought a sushi recipe book (we're going to learn), a petitfour (guess who that was for), and fresh scallops (we just ate them...... delicious).

Did I mention the high today was 84 with no humidity?

2 comments:

mary straton said...

SAM I AM! Glad to know you have a blog. I'll be stalking you regularly now, of course.

Unknown said...

SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM!!!!
I WILL STALK YOU!

you are cute. katherine is cute. you have a cute life.